Table of contents
Ready to Travel? Look Great and Feel Even Better With Petite Fashion for Your Trip
Travelling is the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and submerge yourself into something completely new. Planning for a trip away can be daunting, and finding the perfect petite fashion items is no exception. When you’re trying to keep everything light yet still have the perfect Instagram moment when you cover every destination and activity, what do you pack? How can you remain comfortable and stylish?
This article will guide you through the process to make sure your petite fashion choices are just right for your travels. We’ll cover:
- How to assess the places you’re visiting
- Your packing list basics
- Wardrobe favourites that never go out of style
- Layering to beat the weather — and your suitcase limit!
Understanding Your Destination
First and foremost, you’ll need to understand the climate and location of the places you plan to visit. Where will you be? Will you be city-hopping or staying in one spot? Do you plan on doing water activities and hiking? Will you be doing a lot of walking around street markets or sightseeing?
Putting Together the Basics
Once you have a better idea of what kind of environment you’ll be in and what activities and wearing you’ll need to prepare for, start making a packing list of your clothing pieces.
The basics should include a variety of items depending on the weather such as:
- Long sleeved shirts and jumpers
- Comfortable leggings, trousers and shorts
- Booties, sandals, flats, trainers and boots
- Lightweight jackets and coats
- Shirts, camisoles, sweaters and cardigans
- Extras like scarves and hats
If you’re part of the petite fashion scene, finding the right items for your trip can seem a lot tougher. Petite fashion is about finding the right fit, so look for items in your size made for people of a similar height and shape. Aim to bring along pieces like low-waisted trousers, v necks and fitted cardigans — these will help create an unbroken line in your silhouette and make you look chic and well put-together.
What Styles Should I Pack for My Trip?
When it comes to petite fashion, the amount of choices can seem overwhelming. However, it doesn’t have to be! When packing, look for classic and timeless styles that will match a variety of pieces
A few favourites you may want to include are:
- Little black dress – the embodiment of petite fashion, the little black dress is versatile and flattering
- Bomber jacket – these fashionable jackets come in a variety of styles and colours and look great when paired with a mini dress or leggings if your travels take you somewhere cooler
- Jeans – gothic style or boyfriend jeans can be a perfect addition to your wardrobe. Add a few different colours that can be mixed and matched with various tops
- Printed dresses – these can look great with some nice jewellery and your favourite shoes
Layering for Comfort and Style
Layering is another important key to look great and feel comfortable. Instead of packing a lot of different items, look for pieces that can be used together. Cami-style long sleeved shirts or tank tops with cardigans, chunky knitted scarves and denim jackets are often the perfect solution for beating the weather and creating a fashionable look.
You’ll also want to consider accessories to complete the look. A straw hat or tote bag looks great when going from a beach day to evening dinner. Lightweight earrings or necklaces can bring in a bit of sparkle. The perfect sunglasses are a must for a sunny day.
No matter where your travels take you, it’s easy to look great with the right petite fashion clothing and accessories. When planning your next trip, remember to choose items that will suit the locations you plan to visit and give you lots of options with the pieces you pack. Be sure to check the weather of each of your stops and layer accordingly. Lastly, don’t be afraid to accessorize, as this is the perfect way to update any outfit while adding a bit of your own style.
Now you can have the perfect travel wardrobe, ready to style and hit the ground running. Have a great trip!