Table of contents
The Ultimate Guide To Curvy Women’s Denim
Finding the right pair of jeans can be a challenge no matter your shape and size. But, when you are a plus-size woman, the struggle is real when it comes to finding a pair of jeans that fit perfectly, don’t gap in the back, and flatters your figure.
As it’s often the case with fashion, the market is starting to catch on to the importance of flattering plus-size dolls. Nowadays, there are plenty of brands that offer incredible curvy styles designed for a variety of sizes—including for jeans.
In this article, we’ll be showing you how to choose the perfect plus-size jeans, no matter your body shape. We’ll begin by discussing the different fabrics, styles, and cuts. After reading this article, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to swim through the ever-growing sea of jeans and purchase a figure-flattering pair.
Types of Fabrics for Plus-Size Jeans
Plus-size jeans come in many different fabrics. It’s important to make sure to choose a fabric that will be comfortable, allow your skin to breathe, and accentuate your figure. Here are some of the most popular fabrics used in curvy jeans:
- Cotton. The most common denim fabric, cotton is lightweight and comfortable. It’s ideal for warm temperatures, and its airy material is perfect for keeping cool during the summer.
- Stretch. Stretch fabrics move with you so you don’t feel constricted. Stretch jeans look great and provide great support and comfort.
- Synthetics. Synthetic materials are ideal if you’re looking for a little shine with your jeans. Synthetic materials are eye-catching and can add a modern feel to any look. However, beware of such materials as they can be quite uncomfortable at times.
- Rayon. Rayon is a fiber commonly used in blouses and dresses. It drapes nicely and provides a refined level of comfort.
- Corduroy. While it typically used for pants, corduroy is making a comeback for denim lovers everywhere. It is a thicker material, which makes it ideal for cold weather. Very flattering!
Types of Styles for Plus-Size Jeans
Plus-size ladies no longer have to opt for boring, straight-leg jeans. Fashion for curvy girls has transformed and now there are dozens of styles and washes of jeans to choose from. Here are some of the most popular styles:
- Skinny. Skinny jeans contour and provide a close, comfortable fit throughout the leg. They look flattering on all body shapes and pair well with fitted tops and tunics.
- Boot-Cut. Boot-cut jeans feature a slight flare at the bottom of the leg. The closer the fit, the more elongating the style will look. This is a great option for curvy women because they fit at the waist, hips, and thighs.
- Wide-Leg. Wide-leg jeans provide a relaxed fit throughout the leg. Unlike a straight-leg or slim jean, the wide-leg style is super-flattering for curvy women. These jeans will look great paired with a figure-hugging top, like a bodysuit or a wrap top.
- High-Rise. High-rise jeans offer a comfortable mid-rise fit that provides coverage over the belly and hips. This style is ultra-flattering for curvy ladies and pairs well with both long and short tops.
- Boyfriend. Boyfriend jeans are an ultra-relaxed option that feature a classic straight-leg fit. This cut is great for those with looser curves and bigger hips. Just make sure that you get the proper rise, as the fit needs to be snug.
Types of Washes for Plus-Size Jeans
Finally, we have the different washes of plus-size jeans. Darker washes tend to be the most slimming and hide any lumps or bumps that may occur. Here are some of the different washes for plus-size jeans:
- Dark. Darker washes are perfect for a slimming effect. This is because darker colors are the most slimming option for any outfit. Darker washes also hide any rips, imperfections, and other details that can be seen in lighter colors.
- Light. Light washes are great for those looking for a more casual look. Lighter colors are cute and add an extra layer of fun to any outfit. Plus, a denim jacket in a light wash looks fantastic on top of a pair of dark wash jeans.
- Distressed. Distressed jeans are the timeless favorites of denim lovers everywhere. They look great when paired with sundresses and statement boots. Plus, the distressing helps to further slim and elongate the body.
- Colored. Colored jeans are bold and can be a great way to change up your look. Choose colors that complement your skin tone and pair them with a neutral top to balance out the color blocking.
Choosing The Right Fit for Plus-Size Jeans
When you’re shopping for curvy jeans, it’s important to make sure that you get the right fit. Always try on jeans before you buy them. As mentioned before, pay particular attention to the rise of the jeans – make sure it fits snugly and doesn’t gap in the back. If you’re ever unsure, size up and try a larger size than you normally would.
Though it might feel like a chore to find a pair of jeans that fits you perfectly, it’s important to take your time when looking for the perfect pair. Many people are hesitant to shop for plus-size jeans, but it’s important to remember that being plus-size doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style.
When shopping for your new pair of jeans, remember that fashion is for everyone—no matter the size or shape. Take the time to find a pair of jeans that you love, and you’ll be amazed at how confident and good you look.